India is a country with varied diversities and cultures. Different people, different languages, different climates make our country a beautiful one. We can see many climates here from north to south. Here we have deserts, mountains, plateaus, rivers, and many more things. Beside these our country has many other facts:
1. India has the largest postal network in the world this also includes a floating post office which is in Dal Lake, Srinagar It was inaugurated in August 2011.
2. The holy Kumbh Mela is one of the largest gatherings of the country.
3. In the 2011 Kumbh Mela, over 75 million pilgrims gathered which was visible from space.
4. The highest recorded average rainfall in the world was at Mawsynram, a village on the Khasi Hills, Meghalaya.
5. The BandraWorliSealink took a total of 2,57,00,000 man-hours to complete. It has steel wires equal to the earth's circumference.
6. The Chail Cricket Ground in Chail, Himachal Pradesh with an altitude of 2,444 meters, is the highest cricket ground in the world.
7. Shampoo was originated in India. In earlier times it was made up of herbs. The term 'shampoo' itself is derived from the Sanskrit word champu, which means to massage.
8. The Indian national women's and men's Kabaddi team has won all the Kabaddi World Cups held till now.
9. Water on the moon was discovered by India in September 2009 by India's ISRO Chandrayaan- 1.
10. In 2006 upon the arrival of the father of India's missile Ex-Indian President, APJ Abdul Kalam, Switzerland declared May 26th as Science Day.
11. India's first President Dr.Rajendra Prasad only took 50% of his salary. He claimed that he did not require more than that.
12. The first rocket was transported on a bicycle to the Thumba Launching Station in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. Because it was so light and small.
13. At the Punnathoor Cotta, Elephant Yard Rejuvenation Centre in Kerala Elephants receive baths, massages, and even food.
Must read: Alcohol and Nutrition
14. India is the world's second-largest English speaking country even national language is Hindi.
15. Around 20-40% of Indians are vegetarians making it the country with the largest number of vegetarians in the world.
16. India is the country in which farmers contribute to a large number of the population making it the world's largest milk producer country.
17. Shakuntala Devi was given the title of The human calculator after she demonstrated the calculation of two 13 digit numbers: 7,686,369,774,870 × 2,465,099,745,779 which were picked at random which she answered correctly within 28 seconds.
18. Major Dhyan Chand was offered German citizenship by Hitler when he defeated Germany 8-1 in the 1936 Berlin Olympics. However, Dhyan Chand declined the offer.
19. Former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi asked the first Indian in space, Astronaut Rakesh Sharma, about how India looked from space which he replied as "SaareJahaan Se Achcha."
20. India led the world in diamond production until diamonds were found in Brazil during the 18th century. Initially, diamonds were. Diamonds were first mined in India, in the alluvial deposits in Guntur and Krishna District of the Krishna River Delta.
21. Snakes and Ladders which was earlier known as Moksha Patamu originated in India. The game was initially created as a moral lesson about karma to be taught to children. It later joined the race of commercialization and has become one of the most popular board games in the world.
Also read: 14 Things Only Indians Do In the Whole World